Taloforum.fi

[urbaanin keskustelun mekka] Suomen johtava rakentamisaiheinen valokuvaus- ja keskustelusivusto.

Mikä on Taloforum?

tekijänä Urbaani
Herr Catani kirjoitti:

Kuva

Tuon Kuvan nähtyäni, harkitsin jo Viron kansalaisuutta.
tekijänä Sky-Will
Koskahan Virossa ylitetään 150 metrin raja. Ei varmaan tarvi montaa vuotta odotella. Viro alkaa todellakin näyttämään erittäin hyvältä. Melkein voisin Tanden tavoin harkita Viron kansalaisuutta. Vaikka Tallinnassa onkin paljon neuvosto aikaisia rakennuksia jäljellä niin nyt siellä on jo ehditty uusia todella paljon rakennuksia. Tallinna on muutenki muuttanut kuvaansa eurooppalaisten ihmisten silmissä. Uudet suuret yritykset eivät välttämättä sijoitakkaan enää pääkonttoreitansa Suomeen vaan sen sijaan Viroon. Viro vaikuttaa olevan eurooppalaisten ajatuksissa uusi nouseva trendi. Kuvitelkaa miltä Tallinna näyttää (about) 50 vuoden päästä. Onko siinä eurooppaan pikku hiljaa valmistumassa uusi Frankfurt Am.Main.

Miettikääpä sitä!
:D
tekijänä 16valve
Tallinnassa on tosiaan aika hyvä meininki korkeiden rakennusten suhteen. Emporiksen mukaan Tallinnassa on yli 20 kerroksisia taloja 10 kpl. Neljästätoista korkeimmasta rakennuksesta 12 rakennettu/ rakenteilla vuoden 1999 jälkeen.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/sk/l ... ht=2&sro=1
tekijänä Whose Homepage
TANDE kirjoitti:
Herr Catani kirjoitti:

Kuva

Herr Catani, did you take that picture? :) The tower of that sweet little old City Hall of Tallinn up against that growing backdrop of Tall Ones? :shock:

When were you last in Tallinn? I was totally blown away when I went there for a visit last summer.

From all I've read & seen, these two -- the Old Town and the New Town -- will continue to be separate entities keeping a certain distance. That's something that makes me very glad. :D

In fact, to me, that is as it should be. I just LOVED Tallinn!!! :smt060 :smt060 :smt060
tekijänä H.C.
I was there about a month ago. It was my first visit there and I agree 100% with your opinion. Even if it isn't a very big city, it was simply astonishing. The way how well the old city is preserved, especially how they have kept it alive, and how they have built a completely new modern center close to it is just amazing. It's a good thing they've kept them separete, but close to each other as it makes the palce look so much more interesting. Neither takes anything away from the otherone and together they cooperate in creating a beautiful city. It made me fall in love with the place. :smt007 Something Finns should take a look at before complaining about building highrises in Helsinki.

The reason why I hadn't wisited earlier was because of my laziness in getting a new passport. My old one expired a few years ago. :oops:
tekijänä Whose Homepage
I'm glad you liked Tallinn as much as I did, Herr Catani, and for the same reasons. :D

I agree: the city did a great job in preserving the Old Town and creating a modern center separate from it but not so far away that the two lack cohesion.

Tallinn is far from done btw. Many projects! Apart from the highrises in the New Town there is also considerable activity in the area close to the harbor, in the Rotermanni Quarter. Some old buildings there (sort of the funky industrial kind) will be kept and refurbished, and there will be a lot of new construction as well. 8)
tekijänä ch1le
Tornimäe today!

The apartment tower is topped :)
Kuva
tekijänä Whose Homepage
Welcome again, ch1le! :)

As Tallinn is so close & easily reachable for many Finns, it's only meet and fit that you should be here & present and represent Tallinn. 8)

Great to see how the Twins are coming along! :smt023
tekijänä OlliMolli
Me Toni have actually been planning a bit of an excursion to Tallinn in June or July, that is if I have the money. The tickets to one of those hydrofoils to Tallinn aren't very expensive, though, so next summer I might see the Twins in person. We'll let you, ch1le, know if we can come. :)
Viimeksi muokannut OlliMolli, 07.05.06 15:11. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
tekijänä Darkmage7280
To quote Cartman here: "Sweeeet."

Tallinn is gearing up to be GREAT! Maybe, in the future, we may hear some city officials in Hki saying something like:

"We don't look like a big city, we have to admit it. We are a city of a million people, and should acknowledge it in our architectural culture. Tallinn, just 80 km south of us, looks more metropolitan than us, thanks to their high-rises."

Yeah, and then again I might marry Natalie Imbruglia.
tekijänä ch1le
@Wh Indeed ;)

@Molox, yes i already heard! Hope you do get the money to come here :), do you also plan to stay overnight? Anyway, be sure to contact me ;)

@darkmage, bah! :D that will never happen, we may have some highrises, but were still far behind Helsinki with a normal downtown, and frankly id have dense quarters instead of highrises any day of the week...
tekijänä albertobroccoli
Kuva

tossa nyt kun unohdin viimeviikkoselta pärnun reissulta laitella.
eli tallinna kasvaa ja kohoaa.
:) [/url]
tekijänä Joggeri
It's nice to see that there are more people, that thinks like I do... Helsinki just doesn't look like the size of a city it is, cause it's lacking high- and midrises.. :cry: Tallinn, which is less than half the size of Hki (with suburbs) looks better in a way...

I like Helsinkis old town, but that shouldn't prevent Helsinki from developing itself elswhere... It amazes me, why Finnish standard of living doesn't reflect on the architecture...? And why are people generally so afraid of high rises in Helsinki. Some people want towers, so why would the city not offer them? :evil:
Viimeksi muokannut Joggeri, 09.07.07 22:10. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
tekijänä OlliMolli
Joggeri kirjoitti:Hähhäää!

It's nice to see that there are more people, that thinks like I do... Helsinki looks like a wide spread little town, because it doesn't have any good looking highrises. Or even midrises... :cry: Even Tallinn, which is less than half the size of Finnish "metropolitan area" looks a lot lot better... I'm sad to admit that it looks better in the older areas, as well as in the newer areas. We can't do much to the old areas anymore, but we still have a chance to make the new areas look like we have never had more money to put on architecture. (Which is true by the way) That amazes me, why Finnish standard of living doesn't reflect on Finnish architecture...? And why are people so afraid of high rises....? Or is it just the old grannies that are active in these kind of things..? :evil:
Certainly there are a lot of big cities with very few high-rise buildings, take Rome or Lyon for instance. Even Paris had no scrapers at all until Tour Montparnasse and la Defénce later on. The "villageness" here is not caused so much by the lack of height, as it is due to the lack of density and the small size of the inner city. Since the suburbinasation started, Hki became a junction of towns as opposed to a unified city. I agree with ch1le 100% when he said that he'd rather see more dense quarters than a few mini scrapers.

As for the standard of living, Norwegians are a lot richer than Finns, and DT Oslo isn't really all that different from Hki in terms architectural quality.
tekijänä Joggeri
Molox:

The "villageness" here is not caused so much by the lack of height, as it is due to the lack of density and the small size of the inner city.

As for the standard of living, Norwegians are a lot richer than Finns, and DT Oslo isn't really all that different from Hki in terms architectural quality.
-----------------------------------------

That's true. I was thinking that too, but didn't know how to say that scrapers isn't all that city needs to be a city. :D I would too rather see a larger and more solid centre than any tall buildings in H:ki.

I personally like the architechture of Eira and Punavuori, and many other places too, but H:ki as a whole lacks that something. Even so, I like Helsinki more than most other cities, especially in Finland. Maby I just compare Helsinki to a very competitive company ;)

As what comes to "semiscrapers" in Helsinki, I'd rather not build them, if people would not be ready to invest enough money in them, to make those look architecturally good. Maamerkki is a good example of what I do not want to see in Helsinki anymore. Even Cirrus isn't that good lookin, but at least it fits well in Vuosaari, which is okay. Itämerentori looks rather good already :shock: